Instagram is a platform for sharing images, short videos and stories.
It’s one of the leading social media platforms of the 21st century explored by businesses, celebrities and commoners.
From teenagers to the middle-aged population, everyone is competing with one another and showing off their huge number of followers on Instagram.
If you feel left alone in this buzz, here we can help you get your foot into the fight. We shall discuss some natural ways that can help you get more followers on Instagram.
Ten Ways To Get More Followers On Instagram
Let’s directly get into the core of our discussion. Here are ten ways you can get people to follow you naturally:
1. Update And Optimize Your Profile
The first step to getting people to follow is telling them who you are. Your Instagram bio needs to be fully updated. Follow some simple mantras to make your profile more engaging:
- No private accounts: When it comes to social media, everyone is trying hard to know each other. Keeping your Instagram profile private won’t help in this situation.
- Put up some fun details: Make your bio fun to read. Use one-liners to describe your nature.
- Put up a profile picture: Use a cool profile picture that pinpoints your life and interests.
- Put up the links: This is a great way to interlink your social media accounts. Put up your YouTube channel link, Facebook page link and other clickable links to work this both ways.
2. Post Regularly
Consistency is the key when you want more followers. People would like to follow you only when you promise them regular content. You can maintain a posting diary for your Instagram page and keep a record of all the posts you’ll be sharing.
Preplanning your posts will make this task easier. You can keep the posts for one whole week ready and stay ahead of time.
This will also give you enough space to develop content according to people’s reactions.
3. Follow Hot Trends
Following hot trends in a unique style can craze the crowd. Stay updated with the trend. Keep checking the ‘Explore’ page to keep a track of what’s hot within your interest.
You can download and use social listening tools to know whether your brand/page is able to become the new hot topic amongst your followers. Pirate Bay is a great site to download these software tools for free
Following are some social listening tools that can help you know the trends:
- HubSpot Social Media Management Software.
4. Use Trending Hashtags
Hashtags make you more discoverable. You can either colonize the trending hashtags or start hashtag trends yourself. Hashtags are a major talk in the social media world.
Make your hashtags relevant to your business and inspire your followers to use them. Higher the discoverability, the higher the chances of getting more followers.
5. Collaborate With Influencers
Influencer marketing is always a great way to be known and loved on social media. Influencers are people who have already gained enough followers. Collaborating with them can help you generate the interest of their huge list of followers.
6. Post Product Reviews
Collaborating with brands is another great way to gain followers. Take up a niche of products and post reviews regularly. This will help you generate a major chunk of followers who are interested in that niche.
You can also post unboxing videos, reach out to brands personally and use their exposure to get more followers.
5. Make Your Content Shareable
The best thing you can do with your content is to make it shareable. This ensures better reach and discoverability. Here are some tips to make your content more shareable:
- Understand your audience. For example, if you have a lot of dog lovers, post pet videos.
- Use more visual content. Short videos like reels are mostly shared on Instagram.
- Express your stand on social concerns. This will ensure better engagement and shareability.
- Include information. If you are making travel videos, mention booking details on your Instagram reel.
- Include a strong call-to-action in your videos. This will directly help you get followers and convert leads.
- Maintain a story-telling pattern for better receptibility.
Making your Instagram profile engaging is the key to getting more followers. Explore different scopes and be creative with your content. Maintain a balanced social stature to make Instagram a better and more harmonious place.