What is an e-pharmacy
An E-pharmacy or an online drug store is a virtual store of medicines, vitamins, and other healthcare products. It is also known as a web pharmacy. Such stores are located on the internet and can be accessed through any device connected to the global network. There is no need for customers to visit retail premises in order to buy medicines, as they can order and purchase them online.
How do they work?
A typical online pharmacy has an affiliated network of distributors who supply products to the pharmacy. The distributor usually takes care of customer service and shipping. The customer can order prescription drugs and non-prescription drugs from the E-pharmacy that are dispensed by its affiliated distributors.
These are some common reasons why people choose to buy from an online pharmacy:
- Convenience – Many people prefer online drug stores because they provide convenience and are time-saving .You can shop in your pyjamas and never leave your house. Even if you prefer going to a brick and mortar drugstore, you can use an online pharmacy as a comparison tool. This is because it provides you with access to competitive prices on drugs in your area. Hence it is also ideal for for families that may need urgent medical assistance.
- Facilities: online drug stores have more facilities than brick-and-mortar pharmacies. Furthermore, they offer a wide range of healthcare products at reasonable prices.
- Wide selection – You can get access to a wide selection of drugs from one place, including brand name drugs at less cost.
- Easy ordering – You don’t have to wait in long lines and can place orders in the comfort of your own home 24 hours a day.
How to differentiate between a legitimate and an unauthorized online drug store?
There are a few criteria that can help you make sense of it all:
- The nation of origin for the web drug store’s nation of operation should be assessed, as well as any licenses that were issued by its national government.
- The customer service function should work in conformity with local laws and regulations.
- The web drug store should be willing to offer at least a 7-day money-back promise on any drugs that you don’t take.
Good Internet drug stores will be licensed and will abide by the regulations of their nation of origin. They’ll be clear about where their headquarters are located, and about how you’ll be charged and your credit card billed. They’ll maintain evidence showing that they have a pharmacist on staff who checks every medication before sending it out. They also need to make sure that they’re sending only properly prescribed pharmaceuticals and not selling narcotic products such as painkillers. A good Internet drug store will tell you this information upfront.
How to start an E-Pharmacy in India
Starting a pharmacy business in India can be a bit hectic and overwhelming. While there are elaborate laws on how to open medical store in brick and mortar format, there are no set laws and legislations for an e-pharmacy. Click here to know more. For instance, the laws on interstate transfer of goods are very vague. Moreover, the laws that do exist are a bit stringent and stifling. Hence to start an e-pharmacy you need to check with local and federal authorities to get more info. For many people the simpler route is to get an apollo pharmacy franchise or any other reputable franchises and then add the option to sell online if the franchise permits.