The International Cricket Council (ICC) has come up with cricket new rules 2022. In fact, the game has evolved in a greater way. The ICC has been working hard to enforce new changes in the way in which the game is being played. It is natural that anything needs to change in order to survive the test of time. Since cricket has survived for a long time, it is apparent that the game has changed a lot since it was first played.
In fact, recently ICC has created cricket new rules 2022 for the game. This time, the changes are focused on the Playing Condition. These changes were recommended by Sourav Ganguly-led Men’s Cricket Committee. This committee recommended these changes in the updated 3rd Edition of the 2017 Code of the Laws of Cricket of MCC. In fact, these changes have also been endorsed by the Women’s Cricket Committee. These new changes will come into effect on the 1st of October 2022. Therefore, these rules will be enforced in the upcoming Men’s T20 World Cup. If you wish to know more about cricket’s new rules in 2022, then this article is the perfect stop for you. Keep reading this article to know more about the new cricketing rules.
The New Changes
These are the new changes in the cricketing rules that ICC has announced recently:
- If a batter is caught out, then the incoming new batter will keep the strike. In this case, it will not matter whether the betters have crossed before the catch.
- The use of saliva to polish the cricket ball has already been banned for the last two years. However, earlier this was a temporary rule due to COVID-19. Now the ban is permanent.
- In the case of Test cricket and ODIs, the batters have to take the strike within 2 minutes. However, the 30 seconds rule for T20Is remains unchanged.
- According to cricket new rules 2022, the umpire will rule a ball as No ball, if it forces the striker to leave the pitch to play it.
- While the bowler is running in, any unfair movement by fielders on the field will be penalized. In such a case, the umpire will award 5 extra runs to the batting team. In addition, the ball will be adjudged as a Dead ball.
- The cricket new rules 2022 also gives Mankading a legal status. Previously, this was an illegal procedure.
- Earlier, if a bowler noticed that the batter has advanced beyond the stumps before the delivery, the bowler had the option to throw the ball to run him/her out. The new rules take this rule out of the legal list.
- In T20Is, if a team fails to complete the overs within a certain time, then an additional fielder has to be brought within the circle. This same rule will now apply in ODIs and Test Cricket.
Cricket New Rules 2022: The Members Of The ICC Cricket Committee
- Chairman – Sourav Ganguly.
- Observer – Ramiz Raja.
- Representative of Previous Players- Roger Harper and Mahela Jayawardena.
- Representative of Current Players – VVS Laxman
- Member Team Coach Representative – Gary Stead.
- Full Members’ Representative – Amit Shah.
- Umpires’ Representative – Joel Wilson.
- ICC Chief Referee – Ranjan Madugalle .
- MCC Representative – Jamie Cox.
- Associate Representative – Kyle Coetzer.
- Media Representative – Shaun pollock.
- Ex-Officio ICC Chair – Greg Barclay.
- Chief Executive – Geof Allardice.
- Committee Secretary – Clive Hitchcock
- Statistician – David Kendix.
Read Also -: 2022’s Top Shooter Games